Jeff is an associate attorney with the law firm of Weatherby & Associates, PC in Bloomfield, Connecticut.
Jeff is a cum laude graduate of Tufts University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in history with a minor in drama. While at Tufts, Jeff won the Albert H Imlah Excellence in History Prize and completed a semester abroad program at University College Dublin, Ireland.
Jeff earned his JD from the University of Connecticut School of Law where he also completed a Certificate of Taxation. While in law school, Jeff won the Thomas A. Gallivan, Jr. Property Award and a CALI Award for Excellence in Land Use Controls. Jeff served on UConn Moot Court Board and as a teaching assistant for the school’s first year moot court program.
During law school, Jeff was a summer associate with the law firm of Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, PC and an intern for the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General. He is admitted to practice in the Connecticut and New York. Jeff is a Board Member for the Connecticut Care Planning Council. He is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and the New York Bar Association.
Below is a listing of some of the programs that Jeff has attended.
- Specialty Education
- BC’s of Estate Planning
- Searching Land Titles: An Overview
- The Mathematics of Estate Planning
- Practical Applications of Employee Stock Options Plans
- The Mathematics of Roth Conversions, Stretch IRA’s and Life Insurance Used to Protect IRA’s
- Practical Aspects of Deferred Compensation
- Recent Developments with Qualified Appraiser and Appraisal Requirements: The Broad Impact on Gift and Estate Tax Returns
- Exciting New Opportunities in Business Succession Planning
- Planning for Special Needs Beneficiaries
- Planning for Unmarried Couples
- The Team Approach to Senior Clients
- Income Tax Rules Every Planner Should Know
- DRA Implementation Report
- VA Aid & Attendance Benefits: Are Your Clients Missing
- Out on Vital Cash Benefits?
- Medicaid Compliant Annuities – 2008 and Beyond
- Asset Protection Planning
- Final Expense Trusts
- Picking up the Pieces of the Sub Prime Mess: Short
- Sales, Flipping and Mortgage “Rescue”
- Becoming Your Client’s Trust Advisor
- Planning For Non-Business Active Children
- Personal Asset Protection Planning
- Drafting and Administering Special Needs Trusts
- FLP’s and LLC’s as Financial Tools
- Creating a Family Legacy With Life Insurance
- Asset Protecting IRA’s and Qualified Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Survey of Tax-Favored Investments
- Planning Opportunities with Cost Segregation
- Living With Alzheimers – Legal and Financial Issues
- The Use of Captive Insurance